Images for illustrative purposes only.
The most powerful pocket size camera Canon has ever produced.
Combining exceptional image quality, creative versatility and a beautifully compact design, the new PowerShot G7X is a powerful pocket size camera that delivers outstanding results. Despite its compact size, this impressive digital camera features a 20.2MP CMOS sensor and superfast DIG!C 6 image processor, which lets you to capture amazingly sharp, clear images, even in low light. Featuring a cutting-edge lens design, the f/1.8-2.8 lens allows plenty of light into the camera, while its 9-blade circular aperture helps you create an attractive background blur on portrait shots. Ready to get creative? With a full manual mode you can enjoy as much control as you want, while making use of an array of innovative features, including Full HD Movie mode, Star Mode and Creative Shot mode. The G7X also makes it easy to share your creations, with built-in Wi-Fi and NFC, and the handy Mobile Device Connect Button that instantly connects to your preferred device.
Featuring a large 1" 20.2-megapixel High-Sensitivity CMOS sensor and the powerful DIGIC 6 image processor the PowerShot G7 X Digital Camera from Canon embodies the HS SYSTEM that allows for dramatically improved low-light performance and ISO sensitivities up to 12,800. These abilities combined with a fast 4.2x f/1.8-2.8 optical zoom lens, equivalent to 24-100mm in the 35mm format, provide users with a responsive camera capable of producing highly detailed imagery in a wide range of situations. The lens also features Intelligent Image Stabilization for reducing the effects of camera shake. Additionally, it features a "selfie-ready" multi-angle 3.0" capacity touchscreen LCD screen with a 1,040k-dot resolution.
Adding to the overall speed of the G7 X is a High-Speed AF with
31 focus points for a large, more accurate focus area. This works with the 6.5 fps continuous shooting rate and a large buffer for capturing numerous sharp images in full resolution without slowing down. Another benefit of the faster processing is full HD 1920 x 1080 video recording in 60p. Handling of the G7 X also contributes with a physical control ring as well as exposure and mode dials. Additionally, there is a built-in ND filter for added convenience.
Complementing the imaging and handling traits of the camera is built-in Wi-Fi connectivity, which allows for the instant sharing of photos and videos to linked mobile devices, home computers, or directly to select social networking sites. Connection is further simplified through the implementation of NFC technology to streamline the sharing process. Once linked, mobile devices can also be used to control and release the camera's shutter.
- 20.2MP High-Sensitivity CMOS Sensor and DIGIC 6 Image Processor
- The 20.2-megapixel High-Sensitivity 1" CMOS sensor and DIGIC 6 image processor work in concert to produce high resolution still imagery and full HD video recording with notable low-light quality and sensitivity to ISO 12800. The combination of these two technologies creates the Canon HS SYSTEM, which provides effective low-light sensitivity with minimal noise and enhanced clarity to truly benefit impressive image making in dimly-lit situations. The processor also contributes to overall speed throughout the camera, including High-Speed AF, full HD 1080p video recording at 60 fps, and a full-resolution continuous shooting rate of 6.5 fps with no buffer limit.
The redeveloped sensor and processor also combine to enable RAW imaging with 14-bit signal processing, the same used in Canon's EOS DSLRs, to provide high image quality with expanded post-processing capabilities.
- Canon 4.2x Optical Zoom Lens
- The built-in Canon 4.2x optical zoom lens provides a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 24-100mm, covering wide-angle to telephoto perspectives to suit working in a wide array of situations. The f/1.8-2.8 maximum aperture benefits working in low-light conditions and also contributes to producing shallow depth of field imagery, which is further complemented by a nine-blade aperture for producing a smooth out-of-focus quality.
The lens' performance is further enhanced through the inclusion of an Optical Image Stabilizer system, which helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake to suit working in difficult lighting conditions. Furthermore, an Intelligent IS system offers unique stabilization solutions depending on specific shooting conditions.
- Full HD Video Recording at 60 fps
- Full HD 1080p movie recording is supported at 60 fps in the Internet-friendly MP4 format. A built-in stereo microphone provides clear sound and direct playback to an HDTV is afforded through the incorporation of an HDMI port.
- Built-In Wi-Fi Connectivity with NFC
- Built-in Wi-Fi connectivity enables seamless and instant transferring of photos and videos to mobile devices, home computers, and to select social networking sites. Linking Android devices to the camera is aided through the incorporation of NFC (Near Field Communication), which facilitates connection simply by tapping the two devices. A dedicated Mobile Device Connect Button is available too, to further establish a simplified means for linking both iOS and Android devices. Additionally, Automatic Switching via the Image Sync function works to automatically sync images with any discovered and linked PC within a designated network or, alternatively, images are temporarily sent to the CANON iMAGE GATEWAY for later transferring.
When connected, the mobile device can also be used to remotely control and release the camera's shutter, self-timer, flash, and zoom from a distance, as well as display a live view image on the linked device's screen.
- Camera Design
- Revolving around a compact overall form factor, the G7 X incorporates a large 3.0" 1,040k-dot, 3:2 aspect ratio capacitive touchscreen LCD for live view monitoring, image playback, and menu navigation. As a touchscreen, convenient and intuitive features, such as Touch AF, touch-enabled shutter release and focus point selection, and simplified menu navigation, are also available to benefit an overall workflow. Additionally, the screen features a multi-angle design for working at different angles.
Benefitting the overall control and handling capabilities, a control ring is available for controlling customizable functions and camera settings. When combined with a rear control dial, the camera can be easily configured to give immediate access to the most frequently used camera controls. It also has exposure and mode dials.
- Other Camera Features
- A 31-point AF system delivers precise focus in a quick and consistent manner. Individual focus points are easily selectable as well as different AF frame sizes depending on the type of subject being photographed. One-point and Touch AF functions are also supported.
- Shoot images and video of the stars with Star Mode designed to better capture the brilliance and wonder of the night sky.
Superfast processing and AutoFocus
Advanced lens design
Connect and share
Selected shots from theÂ PowerShot G7X
Outstanding imagesThe PowerShot G7X features a large 1.0-type back-illuminated, 20.2 Megapixel CMOS sensor. This larger than life sensor enables incredible image quality even in low light situations. This means better detail, even at higher ISOs, with minimal noise and distortion and, thanks to the sensor's wide cell pitch, breathtaking dynamic range. The PowerShot G7X also natively captures images in the 3:2 aspect ratio, which is the same as Canon EOS SLR cameras.
Superfast processing and AutoFocusThe PowerShot G7X is equipped with the very latest Canon processor, the DIGIC 6 Image Processor, which makes several important advancements to image quality both in stills and video. Improved light sensitivity allows for higher resolution with less noise when shooting in dark conditions, and Dynamic IS now detects and compensates for tilt and parallel movement (shift blur) to create video that's exceptionally free of distortion. The DIGIC 6 Image Processor also enhances the performance capabilities of the PowerShot G7X, powering full resolution high-speed continuous still shooting and the advanced Star shooting modes. Video recording has also been improved with MP4 recording for better compatibility with mobile devices and tablets. Highly compressed MP4 video not only preserves space on your memory card but also improves playback on mobile devices. Plus, with MF Peaking possible thanks to the new processor, you'll have a pro-level focusing tool at your disposal.
Advanced lens designThe PowerShot G7XÃ¢ÂÂs 24mm Wide-Angle 4.2x Optical Zoom lens with a focal length of 24Ã¢ÂÂ100mm (35mm equivalent) achieves f/1.8Ã¢ÂÂf/2.8, making it one of the camera's most exciting features. The Wide-Angle lens gives your images a distinctive sweep and grandeur, capturing landscapes, cityscapes, tall buildings and wide groups of people with ease. The large f/1.8Ã¢ÂÂ2.8 aperture allows you to achieve shallow depth-of-field for creating portraits with beautiful, soft background blur, and incomparable Canon optical technology delivers a high performance lens enabling incredible images, even in low light. And thanks to the PowerShotG7XÃ¢ÂÂs new 9-blade aperture diaphragm, blurred areas are particularly gorgeous, with subtle detail and blurred forms that appear almost completely circular.
Creative versatilityStarry skies were formerly out of reach to all but experienced SLR camera users, but star shooting modes on the PowerShot G7X camera make these wonderfully impressive images accessible to all. With just a tripod and simple settings, you can capture exquisite Star Nightscapes, Star Trails, Star Time-Lapse Movies and Star Portrait. The new Star Portrait mode, which consecutively takes two shots of the subject plus one of the night sky and then merges them into a single image, enables beautiful portraits with a starry background. The modes can be performed fully automatic or with manual controls for extra versatility. Support functions including Night Display, Color Adjustment and Star Emphasis make any starry sky easier to capture. The PowerShot G7X features an advanced Creative Shot mode to make creating artistic photos even more fun. In Creative Shot mode, the camera captures the original composition and automatically produces and saves five additional variations by using advanced Canon technologies to apply filter options based on the individual scene, subject and exposure. On the PowerShot G7Xcamera, over 40 filter choices are available and are grouped into Retro, Monochrome, Special and Natural categories to make exploring the world of artistic photography fun and easy. With Creative Shot mode, the result is stunning artistic photos that are perfect for sharing.
Connect and shareThe PowerShot G7X is equipped with built-in Wi-FiÃÂ® technology for convenient sharing and transferring of your still images and video. You can easily post your images to social networking and media sites such as FacebookÃÂ®, TwitterÃÂ®, YouTubeÃ¢ÂÂ¢ and FlickrÃÂ® or save them to your photo album to share anytime, anywhere. The camera can also connect directly to both iOSÃÂ® and AndroidÃ¢ÂÂ¢ devices*, and upload images via the free Canon CameraWindow app without a computer. You can control the destination of your uploads to share with everyone or to selected groups, and even add comments. One-touch connection to your mobile device or computer is also made possible on the PowerShot G7X with the camera's dedicated Mobile Device Connect Button. You can choose to transfer images to your smartphone or tablet for immediate sharing with the CameraWindow app, or to your computer on the same network with Image Sync to make saving and organizing your images easier. When the camera finds a linked computer on the same wireless network, images are sent directly to it.