Images for illustrative purposes only.
FX Format. Powerful professional super telephoto offering incredible image reproduction, ideal for motor sports, outdoor athletes, wildlife and more. Durable and reliable...
While your contract is a rental contract, you can make us an offer to purchase at any time. Some price guides are set out above. For further price details at anytime during the rental period please contact us on 1300 858 911 (purchases are subject to approval and some conditions apply).
* Please note an initial freight, handling and account administration fee of $25.00 will be added to the first month's rental payment.
NIKKOR AF-S 500mm f/4G ED VR
This new AF-S super-telephoto NIKKOR lens is equipped with the VR II system, which minimizes image blur caused by camera shake, offering a shutter speed up to the equivalent of four stops faster.*
The newly added Tripod mode reduces vibration that may occur at shutter release when shooting with a super-telephoto lens attached to a tripod. The new optical design features three ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass elements that minimize chromatic aberration, producing consistently high-quality images.
The new A/M focus mode allows instant switching from auto focus to manual focus, even during AF servo operation, and offers a major improvement over conventional M/A modes by significantly reducing the possibility of unintentional switching from Auto to Manual.
With their unprecedented image quality, responsiveness and versatility, these new NIKKORs are certain to set a new benchmark for super-telephoto lenses.
*As determined by Nikon performance tests.
- VR II operation realizes the equivalent of a shutter speed four stops faster
- New Tripod mode reduces vibration that may occur at shutter release when shooting with a super-telephoto lens attached to a tripod
- Enhanced optical formulas, engineered to produce exceptional sharpness, contrast and color, render outstanding image integrity
- Exclusive Nikon Nano Crystal Coat and a Meniscus protective glass element combine to further reduce ghosting and flare for even greater image clarity
- High-performance Nikon Super Integrated Coating realizes superior color reproduction while minimizing ghosting and flare
- Nikon's exclusive Silent Wave Motor enables fast auto focusing with exceptional accuracy and powerful, super-quiet operation
- Rounded diaphragm opening (9 blades) makes out-of-focus elements appear more natural
- Newly added A/M mode reduces the possibility of unintentional switching from Auto to Manual
- Focus Preset function instantly recalls preset focus points with the push of a button
- Engineered to Nikon professional D-SLR standards to effectively resist dust and moisture
- Magnesium die-cast for a lightweight body with rugged construction
- Supplied lens hood effectively minimizes stray light
- Detachable monopod collar provided