Images for illustrative purposes only.
The black PEN E-P5 Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds Digital Camera Body from Olympus is a Micro Four Thirds format camera that houses a 16.1MP Live MOS sensor and the TruePic VI Image Processor for...
Unmarked review screen.
It has been well looked after.
Lensmount is in outstanding conditon. With all original accessories including instruction Book and Software CD, all in factory Olympus packaging.
While your contract is a rental contract, you can make us an offer to purchase at any time. Some price guides are set out above. For further price details at anytime during the rental period please contact us on 1300 858 911 (purchases are subject to approval and some conditions apply).
The black PEN E-P5 Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds Digital Camera Body from Olympus is a Micro Four Thirds format camera that houses a 16.1MP Live MOS sensor and the TruePic VI Image Processor for clear, high resolution still photos and Full HD 1080p video capture. With ISO sensitivity up to 25600 and 5-axis Image Stabilization, low light imaging is clear and free from the blurring effects of camera shake. Shutter speeds as fast as 1/8000 second and burst shooting up to 9 fps will help you catch fast moving subjects and fast autofocus allows the camera to keep pace with the action. A 3.0" Tilt Touchscreen LCD provides image composition and playback. Tilting up 80º and down to 50º, the LCD monitor lets you avoid harsh glare and shoot from odd angles. It also provides touch control of autofocus, shutter release, menu navigation, Art Filter and Scene Mode selection, playback and Wi-Fi connection.
Speaking of which, the E-P5 features built-in Wi-Fi connectivity which allows to you to instantly transfer images from your camera to smartphone for storage and sharing and it offers remote viewing, shutter release and Touch AF from your smartphone or tablet. GPS functionality and geo-tagging of your images is also possible with the Wi-Fi connection and QR Code connection makes establishing your connection simple.
The EP-5 continues in the PEN tradition of handsomely built, slightly retro looking bodies with accessible controls, a seamless build and solid thumb and hand grips. A built-in flash with 1/320s sync speed and wireless capability is provided, as is an accessory port/hot shoe. The accessory port can hold an external flash, video lights, monitors or the optional VF-4 Electronic Viewfinder.
A camera for every level of shooter, the E-P5 offers RAW format shooting with in-camera processing, full manual exposure control, interval shooting with auto time-lapse video and live bulb shooting. It also provides automatic modes for point and shoot style ease, focus peaking for confident focus control, a self-timer with audio countdown and art filters to add creative touches to your photos and videos.
- 16.1MP Live MOS Sensor and TruePic VI Image Processor
- The 16.1MP Live MOS sensor and TruePic VI Image Processor provide sharp, high resolution imaging, accurate color reproduction, and low-light, low-noise (up to ISO 25600) capability for both still and Full HD video imaging. Performance speeds are also impressive, including fast autofocus, up to 9 fps continuous shooting and short recovery times between shots.
- 5-Axis Image Stabilization
- Built-in sensor-shift type image stabilization compensates for camera shake on 5 separate axes: yaw, pitch, roll, vertical shift and a horizontal shift. The result is that images taken at slower shutter speeds have less blur, providing you with greater flexibility when shooting in low light or at long focal lengths. Four I.S. modes are available and I.S. for Live View is also supported.
- 3.0" Tilt Touchscreen LCD
- Image composition and playback are provided by the E-P5's bright 3.0" LCD monitor. With approximately 1037k-dot resolution, your playback is clear and composition is confident with accurate focus and color. Seven levels of brightness and color temperature control are supported and its tilting capability (80º up and 50º down) allows for odd-angle composition and glare control. Touchscreen control offers the ability to control camera functions with just a tap or swipe on the LCD. Touch control includes shutter release, autofocus, playback navigation, art filter selection, scene mode selection and Wi-Fi connection.
- Full FD 1080p Video Capture
- Video capture is supported in both MOV (MPEG-4 AVC/H.264) and AVI (Motion JPEG) formats. In MOV format, Full HD 1080p and HD 720p are offered at 30 fps. AVI format is at 30 fps in both HD and SD. Image Stabilization in Movie mode is supported and Movie Effect provides Art Filters, Art Fades and other functions. Manual exposure control is also supported in Movie mode and a built-in stereo microphone records quality audio.
- Built-In Wi-Fi and GPS
- Built-in Wi-Fi connectivity provides instant transfer of your images to your smartphone or tablet, allowing for simultaneous connection to four separate devices. Using the Olympus I.O Share SmartPhone App you can easily share images and it offers remote viewing, focus and remote shutter release of your E-P5 from your smartphone or device. With QR Code connection you can quickly link your camera to your Wi-Fi network. GPS data is also available via your connection to your smartphone.
- 1/8000s Mechanical Shutter
- The E-P5 is equipped with a 1/8000 second high-speed mechanical shutter which allows you to freeze action without blur. Use prime lenses at their maximum aperture allowing you to capture shallow depth of field images with attractive bokeh even in very bright daylight.
- F.A.S.T. Autofocus and Manual Focus Assist
- Frequency Acceleration Sensor Technology (F.A.S.T.) AF in Single, Continuous and Tracking modes is available for high speed autofocus. 35-area focusing areas provide precise focus throughout the frame and four different AF area sizes can be selected. Face Detection and Eye Detection focusing is also supported and an AF Illuminator is available if needed. Focus Peaking with white or black edges is provided for ensured shooting. Manual focus is also available with two optional focus assist methods: a Magnified Focus (MF) Assist Function and Magnification Display. The MF Assist feature aids with critical focus by allowing you to zoom in on part of the image by simply turning the focusing ring on the front of the lens. Magnification Display enables you to selectively enlarge the image on the LCD at the touch of a button.
- Built-in Flash with Wireless Control
- Built-in flash with a GN of 7 (ISO 100) is provided with several modes and +/-3 compensation. The maximum flash sync shutter speed is 1/320 seconds. And the built-in flash can be used as a wireless flash commander with up to four channels, controlling up to three external flashes.
- 2 x 2 Dial Control with Custom Lever
- 2 x 2 dial control on the E-P5 provides two dials and a function lever, allowing fast and direct access to aperture/shutter speed, exposure compensation, ISO settings, and white balance - directly by dial.
- i-AUTO with 42 Shooting Modes
- i-AUTO mode selects from among 42 different photography modes the one that best matches the subject to automatically produce the optimal photo. It automatically picks from among such settings as Portrait + Backlighting & Vivid Colors or Spotlight and takes the photo with no other adjustment necessary. The E-P5 can also detect the subject's movements before taking a photo and instantaneously adjusts the ISO and shutter speed, reducing any blurring of the subject.
- Sequential Shooting and Self-Timer
- In High Speed mode, up to 9 fps can be shot at full resolution with a maximum of 15 frames in RAW and 19 frames in JPEG. Self-timer shooting can be set to fire at 2 seconds, 12 seconds or can be customized to shoot at rates between 1-30 seconds with controllable intervals and maximum shots.
- Scene Select AE
- Scene Select AE gives you the advantage letting the camera adjust its settings to match the type of scene you will be shooting. Selectable scenes include: Portrait, e-Portrait, Landscape, Landscape + Portrait, Sport, Night, Night + Portrait, Children, High Key, Low Key, DIS mode, Macro, Nature Macro, Candle, Sunset, Documents, Panorama, Fireworks, Beach & Snow, Fisheye Converter, Wide Converter, Macro Converter and 3D.
- Art Filters and Photo Story
- Art Filters allow you to add creative flourishes to your images, touching them with special effects such as WaterColor, Cross Process or Pop Art. Twelve Art Filters are available in all. Photo Story allows you to add frames and specialized windows to your photos, including creating an image essay from several photos.
- HDR and Bracketing
- The E-P5 offers several bracketing functions allowing you to quickly shoot 2-5 frames of the same shot with varied adjustments. Exposure, ISO, White Balance and Flash bracketing is supported as is bracketing for the above Art Filters. Up to seven shots can be taken to be used later in HDR post-processing for creating a nicely balanced image of a high contrast scene.
- Interval Mode, Multiple Exposure and Live Bulb
- For making time-lapse videos, interval mode shooting is supported to a maximum of 99 frames with the interval time set to between 1 second and 24 hours. Two-frame multiple exposure shots can be taken with the E-P5 and you can take long exposure Bulb shots in Live View, watching the exposure's progression.
- Level Gauge
- A two-axis level gauge is provided to help align your images.
- Playback Modes
- Numerous Playback options are provided: Single-frame, Information display, Index display (4/9/25/100 frames), Calendar, Enlargement (2x - 14x), Movie (with sound, FF/REW/Pause), Picture rotation (auto), Slideshow (with sound including BGM, two selectable slide show effects, replaceable BGM), and Light Box Display. The information display includes: Histogram (independent luminance/RGB available), Highlight/Shadow point warning, AF frame, Photographic information, and OFF.
- Languages Supported
- English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Russian, Czech, Dutch, Danish, Polish, Portuguese, Swedish, Norwegian, Finnish, Croat, Slovenian, Hungarian, Greek, Slovakian, Turkish, Latvian, Estonian, Lithuanian, Ukrainian, Serbian, Bulgarian, Rumanian, Indonesian, Malay, Thai