While your contract is a rental contract, you can make us an offer to purchase at any time. Some price guides are set out above. For further price details at anytime during the rental period please contact us on 1300 858 911 (purchases are subject to approval and some conditions apply).
Stylish, compact, and durable, the K-S2 DSLR Camera from Pentax offers photographers an AA filterless 20.1-megapixel APS-C CMOS sensor in a highly weather-resistant body along. It also has built-in Wi-Fi with NFC for wireless image transfer and camera control with a mobile device. Utilizing the PRIME M II Image Processing Engine, the K-S2 is very capable in a range of shooting conditions, most notably with a native sensitivity of up to ISO 51,200. Also, it has Sensor-Shift image stabilization that limits camera shake with slower shutter speeds, as well as full HD 1080p video recording at up to 30 fps.
Benefitting image capture is a SAFOX X 11-point autofocus system in which 9 points are cross-type for high-speed focusing. Also, located on the rear of the camera is a 3.0" 921k-dot vari-angle swing-out LCD monitor for reviewing and composing images. Working fast is possible as well thanks to a maximum shutter speed of 1/6000 second and continuous shooting rates of up to 5.5 fps.
In addition, the K-S2 features Advanced HDR and Clarity Enhancement modes that offer more detailed and cleaner photographs with a great dynamic range. Also, it has an AA filter simulator for capturing moire prone subject matter as well as 4K interval movie capture. Another strong area for the K-S2 is connectivity with built-in Wi-Fi and NFC capabilities, as well as compatibility with both Eye-Fi and FLU memory cards, which makes it even easier to share the self-portraits captured with the selfie-button. And, it has a variety of in-body RAW development settings, enhanced creative modes, and image filters.
Bundled with the camera is the compact smc PENTAX-DA L 18-50mm f/4.0-5.6 DC WR RE Lens, with a 35mm equivalent focal length of 27.5-76.5mm. The standard zoom offers users flexibility, and it has a retractable design for maintaining a smaller profile when not in use. Aspherical lenses are used to ensure edge-to-edge sharpness, and it has both the smc coating to reduce flare and ghosting and the Super Protect coating to prevent scratches and other damage. Additionally, it has a direct current AF motor and a weather resistant construction to match that of the K-S2.
- 20.2 MP APS-C CMOS Sensor & PRIME M II Image Processing Engine
- Ensuring optimal image quality at sensitivities up to ISO 51,200 are the 20.1-megapixel APS-C CMOS sensor and the PRIME M II Image Processing Engine. This combination results in sharp images thanks to the omission of an AA filter on the sensor as well as low noise with the processing of the PRIME M II. Also, this enables a fast continuous shooting rate of 5.5 fps as well as advanced HDR and clarity enhancement modes.
- SAFOX X Autofocus System
- With 11 phase detection points (9 cross-type) and a sensitivity range of -3 to 18 EV, the SAFOX X AF system is able to lock focus quickly and easily in a variety of situations. Also, it has a focus peaking capability during live view to ensure users are able to focus even when in manual mode.
- Sensor-Shift Image Stabilization
- CIPA rated to 3 stops, the sensor-shift in-body image stabilization with rotational compensation reduces the effect of camera shake on your final image. Also, the K-S2 is able to use this shake reduction system to remove dust from your image sensor and also to enact the AA filter simulation mode for avoiding moire in your final image.
- Full HD Video Recording & 4K Interval Mode
- In addition to stills, the K-S2 is capable of full HD 1920 x 1080p video recording at up to 30 fps. It has options for 30, 25, and 24 fps in full HD as well as 1280 x 720 HD at 60 or 50 fps for up to 25 minutes at a time. The camera then saves these videos as MOV files with MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 compression. Also, in addition to standard movies, the K-S2 is able to record time lapse videos in an interval mode at up to 4K resolution at 24p. Also, there is a Star Stream mode
- 5.5 fps Continuous Shooting & 1/6000 Shutter Speed
- Speed is key with 5.5 fps continuous shooting for up to 30 shots, or 9 frames of RAW. Also, this camera has a maximum shutter speed of 1/6000 second for very bright scenes.
- 3.0 inch Vari-Angle LCD Monitor & Pentaprism Viewfinder
- Composing and reviewing images is made easier thanks to the inclusion of a 3.0 inch 921k-dot vari-angle LCD monitor. Also, this DSLR has a pentaprism viewfinder with 100% coverage and a 0.95x magnification for standard framing and composition.
- Built-In Wi-Fi Connectivity with NFC
- Share your photos quickly and easily with the built-in Wi-Fi and NFC of the K-S2. It offers remote camera operation with the use of the Image Sync mobile app for Android and iOS devices. Also, it has a dedicated Wi-Fi button to quickly enable and disable this feature when necessary to preserve battery life.
- Other Features
- Built-in P-TTL flash and a hot shoe for mounting an external flash unit
- SD card slot
- 77-segment metering system with sensitivity range of 0-22 EV
- Micro-USB and micro HDMI output terminals
- Built-in stereo microphone for video