Images for illustrative purposes only.
Outstanding zoom range and mobility.
The second generation of one of Canon’s most popular professional lenses, the EF 100-400 f/4.5-5.6L IS II delivers outstanding improvements in image quality, functionality and performance to meet and exceed the needs of professional and enthusiast photographers. The lens’s completely redesigned optical structure now features an improved 4-stop optical Image Stabilizer to reduce the effects of visible camera shake on long-distance shots, with three IS modes tailored to most typical shooting conditions, while Canon’s pioneering ring-type Ultrasonic Motor provides fast, silent autofocusing. Replacing previous linear type zoom construction, the new rotation type zoom ring enables improved handling for minute adjustments and excellent balance throughout the zoom range. Designed to be used anywhere, even in the harshest conditions, the lens continues the renowned L-series lens DNA and rugged construction. You can rely on the lens to perform in vastly challenging environments, with a dust and water-resistant construction providing the durability users demand. For added endurance, the lens features fluorine coatings on the front and rear lens elements, reducing the possibility of dirt sticking to the lens surface and affecting image quality.
While your contract is a rental contract, you can make us an offer to purchase at any time. Some price guides are set out above. For further price details at anytime during the rental period please contact us on 1300 858 911 (purchases are subject to approval and some conditions apply).
* Please note an initial freight, handling and account administration fee of $18.90 will be added to the first month's rental payment.
The NEW EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM lens delivers a superb combination of cutting-edge performance, compact construction and brilliant resolving power that’s great for sports and wildlife photography.
The lens features one fluorite and one super UD element to help provide impressive contrast and resolution with reduced chromatic aberration across the entire zoom range.
Canon’s new Air Sphere Coating (ASC) helps significantly reduce backlit flaring and ghosting, while fluorine coatings on the front and rear lens surfaces help lessen smears and fingerprints. A 9-blade circular aperture renders beautiful, soft backgrounds, and a 3 mode (standard, panning and exposure only) Optical Image Stabilizer provides up to 4 steps* of image correction.
The new inner focusing AF system helps ensure fast and accurate focus down to 3.2 ft. with a .31x maximum magnification. Usability enhancements include a rotation-type zoom ring with adjustable zoom torque for more precise, customizable zoom performance, a redesigned tripod mount that can be attached and detached without removing the lens from the camera, and an all-new lens hood with a side window that makes it simple to adjust specialty filters-like polarizers-without the need to remove the hood.
Ruggedly constructed with advanced dust and water sealing for durability in a range of environments, the EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM lens is a stellar performer with refined controls for a wide variety of situations.
- Compact, high performance L-series super-telephoto zoom makes it ideal for sports and wildlife photography.
- One fluorite and one super UD lens element provides excellent correction of chromatic aberration throughout the entire zoom range, helping to deliver high-quality images with high resolution and contrast.
- Rotation-type zoom ring allows for more precise composition and excellent balance when handholding.
- Inner focusing, ring USM, a high-speed CPU and optimized AF algorithms for fast and accurate autofocusing.
- Optical Image Stabilizer provides up to four shutter speed steps of correction*.
- Three image stabilization modes (standard, panning, and during exposure only) provide outstanding results for a wide range of shooting situations.
- Improved zoom torque adjustment ring allows easy setting of zoom tension.
- New Air Sphere Coating (ASC) helps to significantly reduce backlit flaring and ghosting.
- Highly resistant to dust and water, and amazing durability enabling shooting even in harsh conditions.
- Circular aperture (9 blades) helps deliver beautiful, soft backgrounds.
- Fluorine coating on front and rear lens surfaces helps reduce smears and fingerprints.
- Lens hood with side window permits specialty filters to be adjusted with hood in place.
- Newly designed tripod mount can be attached or detached without removing the lens from the camera.
- Minimum focusing distance of 3.2 ft. / 0.98 m with 0.31x maximum magnification.
- * According to CIPA standards (400mm focal length, when using the EOS-1D X).
- Brand :
- Lens type :
- Zoom lens
- Max Format size :
- 35mm Full Frame
- Focal Length :
- 100 - 400 mm
- Image stabilisation :
- Lens mount :
- Canon EF
- Maximum Aperture :
- F4.5 - F5.6
- Minimum aperture :
- F32.0 - F38.0
- Diaphragm Blades :
- Elements :
- Groups :
- Special Elements/Coatings :
- Fluorite and UD Elements
- Minimum Focus :
- 98 cm
- Autofocus :
- Motor Type :
- Weight :
- 1640 g with tripod mount
- Diameter :
- 92 mm
- Length :
- 193 mm
- Sealing :
- Filter Thread :
- 77 mm
- Lens Hood :
- Canon ET-83D