Images for illustrative purposes only.
Macro magnification, exceptional sharpness.
With a macro photography lens, you can find the tiny things in life and reveal their beauty to the world. This is something the EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM excels at. As a lightweight macro lens, it is well built and optically brilliant, delivering a magnification of up to 1:1 – which means subjects can appear life-size on the sensor. Compatible with EF-S lens mount DSLRs, this impressive lens can help you create beautifully sharp images – as a macro lens and as a standard 60mm fixed focal length lens. Image quality is excellent, with beautiful colour and contrast, low distortion and chromatic aberration, and superb corner-to-corner sharpness, even when wide open. This can be attributed in part to the lens’ internal focusing design and fast, quiet and accurate USM autofocus, which work to create images that are clean, crisp and stunningly detailed.
While your contract is a rental contract, you can make us an offer to purchase at any time. Some price guides are set out above. For further price details at anytime during the rental period please contact us on 1300 858 911 (purchases are subject to approval and some conditions apply).
The EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM is the first true Macro lens in the EF-S series. A dynamic, compact, fast-focusing lens providing dramatic detail that goes beyond the human eye.
Focal Length: 60mm
Closest Focus: 20cm
Max. Magnification: 0.15x
Diaphragm: 7 blades
Internal Focusing: Yes
Autofocus: Yes (screw drive)
Filter Size: 52mm
- Canon's best fast ring-type USM autofocus with full-time manual override.
- True flat-field macro lens that focuses to full 1:1 life-size magnification.
- Fill camera's frame with subjects the size of a penny.
- Canon's shortest focal length macro lens ever with fully internal, focusing and a minimum focus distance of 7.8" (20cm).
- Accepts both MR-14EX Macro Ring Lite and MT-24EX Macro Twin Lite.
- Circular aperture diaphragm for natural highlights, even when stopped down to f/5.6.
- Optimized for digital SLRs: special coatings to minimize reflections and flare.