Images for illustrative purposes only.
A compact short telephoto prime for full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras, the Loxia 85mm f/2.4 Lens from Zeiss is an ideal portrait-length lens characterized by its sleek form factor and impressive optical qualities.
While your contract is a rental contract, you can make us an offer to purchase at any time. Some price guides are set out above. For further price details at anytime during the rental period please contact us on 1300 858 911 (purchases are subject to approval and some conditions apply).
* Please note an initial freight, handling and account administration fee of $14.90 will be added to the first month's rental payment.
E-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
Aperture Range: f/2.4 to f/22
Sonnar Optical Design
3 Anomalous Partial Dispersion Elements
Zeiss T* Anti-Reflective Coating
Manual Focus Design
Manual Aperture Can Be De-Clicked
All-Metal Barrel, Engraved Scales
Weather-Resistant Lens Mount Gasket
A compact short telephoto prime for full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras, the Loxia 85mm f/2.4 Lens from Zeiss is an ideal portrait-length lens characterized by its sleek form factor and impressive optical qualities. Utilizing an optimized Sonnar concept, the simple seven elements, seven groups design incorporates three anomalous partial dispersion elements to greatly reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing for notable clarity and color accuracy. Additionally, a Zeiss T* anti-reflective coating has also been applied to the individual lens elements to control lens flare and ghosting for improved contrast when working in strong lighting conditions.
Loxia lenses are distinct in that they feature a manual focus design that has been specifically tailored for use with electronic viewfinders, and also feature a manual aperture ring that can be de-clicked for silent operation; making them especially well-suited to filmmaking applications. The all-metal lens barrel incorporates engraved focusing and depth of field scales, and a 220° focus throw offers fine-tuned control over focusing position as close as 2.6' away. Additionally, a weather-resistant gasket is featured at the lens mount to protect the lens-camera interface from dust and moisture.
- Prime portrait-length lens is designed specifically for full-frame E-mount mirrorless cameras, however can also be used on APS-C models where it will provide a 127.5mm equivalent focal length.
- An f/2.4 maximum aperture permits working in low-light conditions, offers control over depth of field, and also helps to maintain the compact overall form factor of the lens.
- Based on the Sonnar optical concept, this lens incorporates three anomalous partial dispersion elements to greatly reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing for increased clarity and color neutrality.
- Zeiss T* anti-reflective coatings have been applied to each lens surface to help minimize reflections in order to provide greater image clarity, contrast and color fidelity.
- Manual focus design is accentuated by a knurled metal focusing ring, 220° focus ring rotational angle, and engraved depth of field and distance scale markings.
- The manual aperture ring can be mechanically 'de-clicked' for smooth, silent rotation throughout the aperture range; making it ideal for video applications.
- The lens mount is fitted with an electronic interface that conveys all lens EXIF data to the camera and can also be configured to automatically activate the camera's focusing magnification function when turning the focus ring.
- An all-metal lens barrel is fitted with a weather-resistant gasket at the lens mount to protect against moisture and dust from reaching the image sensor or rear lens element.
- Focal Length
- Maximum: f/2.4 Minimum: f/22
- Camera Mount Type
- Sony E (Full-Frame)
- Format Compatibility
- 35mm Film / Full-Frame Digital Sensor
- Angle of View
- Minimum Focus Distance
- 80 cm
- Maximum Reproduction Ratio
- Filter Thread
- Front: 52 mm
- Dimensions (Diam. x L)
- Approx. 62.5 x 94.8 mm