The Gemini 1000 PRO head offers a host of feature previously unavailable on the original Gemini monolight system.
This professional lighting Twin kit with powerful 1000Ws monolights. Comes with both an umbrella and softbox for various light shaping setups. Fast Flash durations up to 1/2100 sec and recycle time of 2 seconds to full power. Flash variability from 8Ws to 1000Ws plus they are designed to take the optional Pulsar/PocketWizard Triggercard for remote control of the flash. Multi-voltage power system that operates just about anywhere in the world. Popular kit setup for still-life and portrait photographers.
Bowens new Gemini 1000 heads and kits herald a new era in advanced monobloc lighting systems. Building on the heritage of Bowens best-selling Espirit Gemini series and continuing to accept the extensive range of Bowens S-type reflectors, softboxes and light control accessories, the Gemini 500R head feature unrivaled performance and fantastic value for money.
The Bowens Gemini 1000 Pro Kit has all the basics you need in a studio lighting kit: two 1000Ws monolights, two light stands, a softbox and an umbrella, a sync cord, flash tubes, modeling lamps, power cords, and a trolley case with casters for safely storing and transporting the kit. This popular kit offers flexibility and great value for two-light set-ups - portraits, still-life and much more.
- Travelpak compatible for use on location.
- Twin dial power control system allows adjustments in either full stops or 1/10th increments.
- Infra red remote control, via the optional RC-3 remote, including the flash power, modelling lamp mode and output, ready indicators and photocell functions.
- Optional plug-in radio trigger modules allowing wireless operation from either Bowens Pulsar or Pocket Wizard radio transmitters.
- Smart Photocell allows the user to ignore pre-exposure flashes from on-camera flashes or other small portable units. The flash head can be programmed to trigger on the first, second, third or fourth pre-flash or to 'learn' the sequence for a particular unit.
- Advanced modelling lamp control allows the usual full, proportional and off settings but also incorporates a 'soft-start' and 'lamp-saver' option to prolong the life of the bulb.
- Auto-dump is a standard feature of the range and can either flash or resistive dump the power. The intelligent power management system monitors the use and calculates the optimum method.
- The side and rear LED displays show either the set or the desired power level as well as additional information during user set-up. The diplay itself can be inverted for use on a ceiling track system.
- Both audible and visual ready indicators are included with the former having the option to be switched off.
- The Gemini 1000 Pro monolights feature flash-durations as fast as 1/2100 sec and a power system that operates anywhere in the world
- The Gemini monolights can operate with the optional Travelpak battery system miles from the nearest electrical outlet
- Umbrella, softbox and reflector provide lots of light modification options
Maximum Watt/Seconds: 1000Ws
Guide Number: (m/100 ISO) 120
Recycle Time: Full power 2.0 secs
Flash Duration: t=0.5 1/2100 Sec
Flash Variability: 7 stops -8Ws - 1000Ws
One-stop and tenths-of-a-stop control dials
User Replaceable Flashtube: Yes--BW1079 UV, BW2980 Clear
Changeable Reflector: 'S'-Type
Modeling Light Wattage: 500W
Voltage Stabilization: +/- 0.5%
Flash Ready Indicator: Audible and visual recharge confirmation @ 100%
Operating Voltage: 90-130/190-250V AC 60/50Hz
Built-in Slave Cell: Yes
Circuit Protection: Yes--5A(F) Fuse
Fan Cooled: Yes
Auto Dump: Yes
Dimensions: 6.75 x 5.75 x 18" (17.15 x 14.6 x 45.7 cm)
Weight: 9.9 lbs (4.5 kg)