Sony A9 performance in a compact camera body! The Sony CyberShot RX100 Mark VII / M7 improves on the previous Sony RX100 VI / M6 by incorporating the same processor found in the Sony A9 and Sony A7RIII.
The RX100VII is capable of 20 fps continuous shooting and even has a Single Burst mode allowing 7 images to choose from as fast as 90fps. New 357 point hybrid AF system incorporating both phase and contrast-detect autofocusing ensures super fast and accurate focus lock. And Real-Time Eye AF is now available in movie mode.
Squaring up for the title of the perfect vlogging and compact camera for video production. The RX100VII sports internal UHD 4K recording, 3.5mm microphone input, a 180 degree tiltable screen, Super Slow Motion, Interval Recording, Active Image Stabilization during 4K recording and professional S-gamut3.Cine/S-log3 and S-Gamut3/S-log3 for heavy colour-grading, and HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma) for super-easy HDR Workflow.
Newly developed fast 20.1 Megapixel 1" Exmor RS Stacked CMOS Sensor with BIONZ X Image Processor
The newly developed 1" stacked CMOS sensor with DRAM chip in the Sony RX100 VII uses the same high-speed image processing engine BIONZ X found in the Sony A9 and Sony A7RIII the RX100VIII and is capable of 60 times per second continuous AF/AE calculation and 20 frames per second shooting with no blackout in the EVF or LCD monitor thanks to the 60hz refresh rate. The camera also features 90 frames a second Single Burst Shooting (Selectable from 90fps/60fps/30fps)
- 20.1 Megapixels
- ISO 100-12800 (extendable to ISO 64/80)
- Back-illuminated sensor for low noise in low light
- Same BIONZ X Image Processor as found in Sony A9 and A7rIII
- 20 fps shooting with no blackout
- 90 fps Single Burst Shooting
357 Autofocus Points for high-speed AF performance
Thanks to bleeding-edge Sony technology the RX100VII is faster than ever. And coupled with the Anti-distortion electronic shutter you are ready for anything with the RX100VII.
- 68% wide coverage with 357 AF points
- Fast 0.02 sec high-speed AF
- Reliable 60 times a second continuous AF/AE calculations
- Featuring Real-time Tracking & Real-time Eye AF (Human/Animal)
- Touch Tracking
Real-Time Tracking is Sony's new AF mode is based on unique AI-based subject-recognition technology.
- It acquires and then persistently tracks your subject in real-time.
- The algorithm uses face, eye, colour, pattern (brightness), and subject depth data to process spatial information on the fly.
Real-Time Eye AF (Human/Animal) has also been upgraded on the RX100VII.
- You can now touch the screen to manually preselect the subject's eyes.
- The RX100VII now also supports Real-time Eye AF for animals as the subject recognition has been extended to handle animals.
Additionally Touch Tracking, in both still and movie shooting, allow for touching a subject on the monitor to automatically focus and track it. With Touch Focus you can instantly shift the focus position in the image frame by touching the monitor. The shutter release can also be operated by the Touch Shutter function. Touch Pad allows the user to drag the focus frame to any desired point with a fingertip.
Single Burst Shooting at up to 90 fps!
The new Single Burst Shooting function can take 7 still images (JPEG/RAW) in a row at high speeds up to 90 fps on a single press of the shutter button. This means you can capture 7 super-fast images and select the best shot among those 7.
ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T* 24-200mm F2.8-4.5 lens
High-magnification and superb image quality have been condensed into a very compact body. The ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T* 24-200mm lens on the RX100VII effectively packs the two most common pro zoom lens ranges 24-70mm and 70-200mm into one compact lens on a "pocketable" camera!
- 15 elements in 12 groups
- Large maximum aperture range of f2.8-4.5
- 4.0-steps effective Optical Image Stabilization
Pro-level Movie Performance
Record UHD 4K30 video internally to a memory card. Full pixel readout of the sensor and no pixel binning results in about 1.7x the data required for 4K resolution being captured and downsampled to produce higher-quality footage.
The RX100VII is Sony's first camera in the RX series that includes Real-time Eye AF and Real-time Tracking during movie recording using Fast Hybrid AF which utilizes both contrast and phase-detection!
- 3.5mm Microphone Jack
- Vertical- position data recording
- Super Slow Motion (max. 40x slow)
- XAVC S format recording at 100Mbps (4k) and 50Mbps (Full HD)
- HLG Hybrid Log-Gamma for instant HDR workflow
- S-gamut3.Cine/S-log3 and S-Gamut3/S-log3 for better colour grading
- Timelapse recording now possible with the Interval function (continuous shooting at a set interval)
Active Mode image stabilisation is now available during 4k movie recording producing more effective image stabilisation than previously available. The stabilisation algorithm has also been improved for Full HD recording.
When an external recorder is connected via HDMI the video can now be displayed while recording on the camera LCD even while recording in 4k.
Movie Edit add-on
Footage shot on the camera can be edited on a smartphone using the Imaging Edge Mobile application. Gyro data can be imported from the camera and smooth image stabilisation can be applied in the app making it look like the footage was shot using a gimbal.
- Image stabilization after the fact
- Changeable aspect ratio (16:9, 1:1 etc)
- Intelligent framing
Silent Shooting and Anti-distortion shutter
Thanks to the electronic shutter the RX100VII can take images without producing any shutter sound, this makes it possible to shoot scenes silently without worrying about the shutter sound being heard and interrupting your subject. Silent shooting is also possible in continuous shooting mode.
anti-distortion shutter minimises distortion due to rolling shutter effects when shooting fast-moving subjects. The super-fast readout of data from the image sensor means a major reduction in image distortion of fast-moving action like baseball swings, golf and racing.
- The Anti-distortion electronic shutter archives shutter speeds up to 1/32000 second.
- MPN - DSCRX100M7
- GTIN - 4548736106369