The Canon EF to Canon EFR mount T Speed Booster ULTRA 0.71x (EOS R) allows a full-frame Canon EF-mount lens to be used on a Canon RF-mount camera. While providing a one-stop increase for the camera over the lens's aperture range, up to a maximum output aperture of f/0.9, the adapter's optics help to maximize the connected lens's apparent angle of view during UHD 4K video capture.
Filmmakers are now able to mitigate most of the 4k video crop factor of EOS R (1.75x) and EOS RP (1.63x) and reduce it to 1.24x and 1.15x respectively. The field of view is now much closer to still photo mode. This also makes available to the sensor an additional one stop of light throughout the lens's aperture range.
This adapter is constructed from aluminium alloy for durability while minimizing weight and its mounting rings are made with brass to further prevent wear-and-tear. An internal, matte black coating prevents the appearance of reflections within the adapter barrel, and to help reduce stress on the camera mount when placed on a tripod, the adapter includes a detachable Arca-type compatible tripod foot with 1/4"-20 threads.
This T Speed Booster Ultra 0.71x Adapter supports electronic communication between an attached camera and lens. If the lens includes autofocus, image stabilization, as well as camera-controlled aperture functions, this adapter is intended to allow use of those features. Also, if an attached lens is capable of generating EXIF metadata when used with a directly compatible camera, this adapter is designed to transfer that information, so it can be saved along with image files generated the combined Canon EF-mount lens and Canon EF-R mount camera.
Note: This Speed Booster is not intended for still photography but will work if the camera is configured to APS-C mode. 60p FHD video does not work at all.
Key Features of the Canon EF to Canon EFR mount T Speed Booster ULTRA 0.71x (EOS R)
- Allows a full-frame Canon EF-mount lens to be used on a Canon RF-mount camera
- Supports electronic communication between camera and lens to enable autofocus, image stabilization, on-camera aperture control, and EXIF metadata generation when possible
- 0.71x magnification maximizes angle of view of combined camera and lens for UHD 4K video capture
- Provides a 1-stop increase for the camera over the lens's aperture range, up to a maximum output aperture of f/0.9
- Reduces Canon EOS R Mirrorless Digital Camera Body UHD 4K video capture crop factor from 1.75x to 1.24x
- Reduces Canon EOS R Mirrorless Digital Camera Body UHD 4K video capture crop factor from 1.63x to 1.15x
- Allows still image capture with a compatible camera set to APS-C mode
- Integrated jog dial with press-to-click action can be assigned custom functions when used with a compatible camera
- Five lens elements in four groups for optical clarity as well as colour fidelity
- Internal, black matte coating minimizes the appearance of reflections within the adapter barrel
- Aluminium alloy components for weight reduction
- Brass mounting rings prevent wear-and-tear
- Detachable Arca-type tripod foot with 1/4"-20 threads can be used to reduces stress on a connected camera's mount
- Locking mechanism for secure attachment of lens with push-button release
- Increase maximum aperture by 1 stop. (with a maximum output aperture of f/0.9).
- Increase MTF
- Makes lens 0.71x wider.
- Advanced 5-element/4-group optical design incorporating ultra-high index tantalum-based optical glass by Caldwell Photographic in the USA (patent granted).
- Autofocus. AF speed is properly adjusted to account for and leverage the shorter focal length and the brighter maximum aperture.
- Dual-pixel autofocus (DPAF) and video AF support.
- Focal length and aperture are adjusted in EXIF.
- Image stabilization (IS) lens support.
- Store EXIF data (lens name, focal length and maximum/minimum aperture) for one manual lens in the adapter.
- Build-in multi-function Control Wheel (turn/ push-in) for assignable functions(eg. ISO, shutter speed or aperture control, depth-of-field preview).
- LED indicator shows communication status.
- Powered by camera body. With most lenses, no external power source required.
- The tripod foot is detachable and compatible with Arca Swiss, Markins and Photo Clam ball heads.
- Flocking to reduce internal reflection.
- Rubber gasket protects the RF mount connection from dust and moisture.
- Aluminium alloy and brass construction with chromium plating.
- Satin surface finish.
Canon EF to Canon EFR mount T Speed Booster ULTRA 0.71x (EOS R) Compatibility
The Canon EF to Canon EFR mount T Speed Booster ULTRA 0.71x (EOS R) is compatible with the EOS R and EOS RP cameras plus select lenses. For a list of compatible products* please see our specification tab.
* as of July 2020
- MPN - MB-201
- GTIN - 4897050182574