Extending a lenses focal length by a factor of 1.4x, the Canon Extender EF 1.4X III incorporates excellent optical performance with minimal chromatic aberration and is a perfect complement to many of Canon super telephoto lenses.
The Canon Extender EF 1.4X III features a built-in microcomputer for seamless communication among camera body, lens and extender; features careful lens placement and coatings to minimize ghosting and flare and even has a new Fluorine coating that keeps soiling, smears and fingerprints to a minimum. An integral part of many professional systems, Extender EF 1.4X III maintains high standards not only optically, but also in terms of rugged, dustproof and water resistant construction.
The extender allows professional photographers to shoot distant subjects without having to carry a number of heavy lenses. The 1.4x EF Extender III features three groups of seven elements, ensuring improved optical performance. All optical elements use Canon's Super Spectra coating, reducing ghosting and flare to minimize post-processing requirements. A new Fluorine Coating on the front and rear elements makes marks, such as spots left by water or fingerprints, much easier to clean than standard coatings.
To facilitate the accurate transfer of imaging data between the lens and camera body, the extender features an integrated processor which ensures all focusing, metering and ID information is available - allowing the photographer to capture crisp, well-exposed images. When combined with the latest range of premium Canon L-series lenses, these extenders enable higher AF accuracy, ensuring perfectly sharp shots, even when capturing moving subjects.
A carefully positioned lens release mechanism also makes it easy to mount the extenders quickly, reducing the time that the camera and lens are exposed to the environment. The extenders offer the exceptional build-quality expected from Canon's professional products, and are resistant to both dust and water, allowing photographers to use them in extreme shooting conditions.
This extender is only compatible with fixed focal length L-series lenses 135mm and over, as well as the EF 70-200/2.8L, EF 70-200/2.8L IS, EF 70-200/4L, and EF 100-400/4.5-5.6L. The EF 100-400/4.5-5.6L will not autofocus with the teleconverter when used on a consumer camera because the maximum aperture will be smaller than f/5.6. Autofocusing will be possible when the lens is used on a professional camera.
- Designed for Canon L-series telephoto lenses.
- Carefully positioned lens release mechanism makes it easy to mount the extender quickly, reducing the time the camera and lens are exposed to the environment.
- Integrated processor ensures all focusing, metering and ID information is available.
- All optical elements use Canon's Super Spectra coating, reducing ghosting and flare.
- Fluorine Coating on the front and rear elements makes marks, such as spots left by water or fingerprints, much easier to clean.
- Resistant to both dust and water, allowing photographers to use them in extreme shooting conditions .
- Extends focal length by a factor of 1.4x
- Built-in microcomputer for seamless communication with camera body, lens and extender.
- Newly-developed Fluorine coating keeps soiling, smears and fingerprints to a minimum.