• Auto focus on Panasonic Mirco Four Thirds cameras
• Can be powered either by camera body or by third-party external 5V power source (not included)
• Iris/aperture controlled by the camera body.
• Image stabilization (IS) lens support
• Electronic manual focusing (e.g. EF 85/1.2L II and discontinued EF 50/1.0L)
• EXIF (focal length, aperture, zoom range)
• Distance and zoom display on camcorders (requires lenses supporting distance information)
• Detachable tripod foot compatible with Arca Swiss, Markins and Photo Clam ball heads.
• Flocking material coating inside the opening to reduce internal reflection.
• Supports EF-S lenses.
Since its inception, Metabones has been designing and manufacturing lens adapters recognized among professionals and enthusiasts as leaders in design and workmanship.
Contrary to the popular trend of other factories using an aluminum ring painted black on the camera-body-side, we instead take no short-cut but use precision-machined brass with chromium plating on both the camera-body and the lens sides of our adapters, in order to ensure smooth mounting, great appearance, and durability. The lens side of the adapter features a strong leaf-spring structure, strengthening the adapter-lens connection and ensuring tightness of the lens in order to reduce wear and prevent focus errors and optical alignment issues from appearing.
Metabones uses matte-black treatment to keep internal reflection to a minimum in order to maintain the maximum optical quality possible with the lens.
All Metabones Adapters follow this tradition of uncompromising precision, robust build quality and outstanding finish. Our new Smart AdapterTMseries of products add industry-leading electronic interfacing technology from Canada, with true electronic control of the lens' aperture directly from the camera body.
Both camera-side and lens-side of the adapter are made of brass, precision-machined and plated with chromium.
Satin surface finish - just like your OEM lens and camera mounts.
Precise fit and solid connection - lens has no play, gap or wiggling when mounted on adapter and no adjustments are required to fit your lens.
Designed to reach infinity focus while maintaining the correct registration distance required to maintain optical quality of CRC lenses or lenses with floating elements.
Our Smart AdapterTM series adapters have the following additional features
True electronic integration of aperture diaphragm - let camera automatically choose aperture in P or S exposure modes, or dial in yourself on the camera body in A or M modes.
EXIF data such as lens identification, focal length and aperture.