Providing a wide-angle field of view on Pentax 645-series medium format cameras, the HD PENTAX-D FA645 35mm f/3.5 AL [IF] Lens blends an expansive perspective favored by interior, architectural, and landscape photographers with a sophisticated optical design for notable sharpness and even illumination. The 10 elements in 7 groups design incorporates one glass-molded aspherical element, one hybrid aspherical element, and one high refractive index low dispersion element, all of which combine to suppress chromatic and spherical aberrations and other distortions. Complementing the optical layout is an HD lens coating, which has been applied to individual elements to control flare and ghosting for contrast-rich, color-accurate results.
Contrasting the broad, wide-angle perspective is an apt close-focusing system that provides a minimum focusing distance of 11.8" along with a 0.25x maximum magnification for working with nearby subjects. The integrated autofocus motor benefits from an inner-focusing mechanism that quickens focusing performance and also limits the overall lens length for more intuitive handling. A rounded nine-blade diaphragm also contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when working with selective focusing techniques. Rounding out the feature-set, the 35mm f/3.5 lens also features a Super Protect coating on the front element to prevent moisture, dust, and smudging from affecting image quality and the included petal-shaped lens hood incorporates a polarizer filter window to permit filter adjustment without having to remove the hood during use.
- Wide-angle prime 35mm f/3.5 lens is designed for Pentax 645 medium format digital cameras, where it provides a 35mm-equivalent 27.5mm focal length, as well as 645 film cameras, where the equivalent focal length is 21.5mm.
- The 10 elements in 7 groups construction incorporates one glass-molded aspherical element, one hybrid aspherical element, and one high refractive index low dispersion element, which all combine to significantly reduce chromatic and spherical aberrations, as well as provide edge-to-edge sharpness and illumination.
- An HD coating has been applied to individual elements to minimize lens flare and ghosting for increased contrast and color fidelity when working in strong lighting conditions and backlit situations.
- An 30 cm minimum focusing distance pairs with a 1:4 maximum magnification ratio for working with close-up subjects.
- The integrated autofocus motor benefits from an inner-focusing mechanism for quick, responsive performance. This design also maintains the overall lens length during use for easier handling.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm produces a smooth out-of-focus quality when working with selective focus and shallow depth of field techniques.
- A Super Protect coating has been applied to the front element to guard against dust, moisture, and smudging.
- The included lens hood incorporates a polarizer filter window to permit adjustment over the filter orientation without having to remove the lens hood during use.