The Pentax DA 560mm f/5.6 ED AW Lens is a super telephoto lens offering a 35mm-equivalent focal length of 859mm. This lens includes High-grade multi-layer HD coatings and SP (Super Protect) coating ensure the highest image quality
The Pentax's DA 560mm f/5.6 ED AW lens has a maximum aperture of f/5.6 and features a 9 rounded diaphragm blade construction. The optical construction of the lens includes a high-grade multi-layer HD coating on lens elements for sharp, clear imagery with reduced flare and ghosting due to internal reflections. The optical design mimics that of a telescope, and also includes two extra-low dispersion (ED) lens elements to prevent chromatic aberration and maintain image clarity across the entire picture plane. A Super Protect (SP) coating is also applied for increased protection on the front element and for greater ease when cleaning.
A built-in DC driving motor promotes smooth auto focusing, which can also be deactivated using the Quick-Shift focus system to instantly switch between AF and MF modes. A built-in filter holder within the lens barrel permits the use of 40.5mm filters (a circular polarizer is included) for greater accessibility to a variety of filters. Additionally the white lens barrel helps to minimize heat haze within the barrel while a dust and weatherproof construction ensures proper functionality in poor shooting conditions.
- Super telephoto-length lens provides a 35mm equivalent focal length of 859mm.
- Telescope-type optical construction integrates two extra-low dispersion elements to help reduce chromatic aberration.
- High-grade multi-layer HD coating and SP (Super Protect) coating ensure image fidelity, reduce lens flare, and provide additional protection to the lens elements.
- AF driving motor (DC motor) produces smooth autofocus operation.
- Dustproof and weather-resistant design utilizes 29 special seals for increased protection when working in the elements.
- Built-in 40.5mm drop-in filter holder facilitates easier switching between filters.
- Autofocus system is compatible with K10D and later Pentax K-mount bodies (manual focus is supported on all K-mount Pentax DSLRs).