Images for illustrative purposes only.
Zeiss Loxia 35mm f/2 Biogon T* Lens for Sony E Mount features E Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format, Aperture Range: f/2 to f/22. Review Zeiss Mirrorless System Lenses, Lenses
While your contract is a rental contract, you can make us an offer to purchase at any time. Some price guides are set out above. For further price details at anytime during the rental period please contact us on 1300 858 911 (purchases are subject to approval and some conditions apply).
* Please note an initial freight, handling and account administration fee of $14.90 will be added to the first month's rental payment.
E Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
Aperture Range: f/2 to f/22
One Anomalous Partial Dispersion Element
Biogon Optical Design
Zeiss T* Anti-Reflective Coating
Manual Focus Design
Manual Aperture Ring Can Be De-Clicked
Electronic Interface Transmits Lens Data
All-Metal Barrel, Engraved Scales
Weather-Resistant Lens Mount Gasket
Marrying traditional handling with a digitally-optimized design, the Zeiss Loxia 35mm f/2 Biogon T* Lens is a prime wide-angle lens for full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless digital cameras. Its manual focus design has been developed in specific regard for use with electronic viewfinders, and also features a manual aperture ring that can be 'de-clicked' for silent operation best-suited for filmmakers. Utilizing a nearly symmetrical optical layout based on the Biogon concept, this lens incorporates one element made from anomalous partial dispersion glass in order to suppress chromatic aberrations and distortion. Additionally, a Zeiss T* anti-reflective coating has also been applied to individual lens elements to further reduce lens flare and ghosting for consistent image clarity and contrast. Serving as a unique option for the contemporary image-maker, the Zeiss Loxia series of lenses are built for the imaging demands of modern full-frame digital cameras, yet are founded upon conventional manual controls.
The moderate wide-angle perspective pairs well with the f/2 maximum aperture for selective focus control, as well as enhanced performance in low-light conditions. Furthermore, the handling details of the lens have also been enhanced for maximum feedback and precision, including a long 180° focus through, clearly engraved scale markings, and a robust, all-metal construction with weather-resistant lens mount gasket. Additionally, the lens is fitted with an electronic interface that conveys all EXIF data to the camera and can also be configured to automatically activate camera-based focusing aids during use.
- Prime wide-angle lens is designed specifically for full-frame E-mount mirrorless digital cameras. However, this lens can also be used with APS-C sized E-mount cameras, where it will provide a 35mm-equivalent focal length of 52.5mm.
- Fast f/2 maximum aperture benefits working in difficult lighting conditions and also enables greater control over focus placement for shallow depth of field and selective focus applications.
- One element made from anomalous partial dispersion glass helps to suppress chromatic aberrations for greater clarity and color accuracy around subject edges throughout the aperture range.
- Based on the Biogon optical concept, the lens features nine elements in six groups that are arranged in a nearly symmetrical design. This helps to reduce the physical size of the lens as well as minimize distortion and maintain field flatness.
- Zeiss T* anti-reflective coatings have been applied to each lens surface to help minimize reflections in order to provide greater image clarity, contrast and color fidelity.
- Manual focus design is accentuated by a knurled metal focusing ring, 180° focus ring rotational angle, and engraved depth of field and distance scale markings.
- The manual aperture ring has 1/2-stop clicks throughout the f/2 to f/22 aperture range. Using the included De-Click Tool, this ring can be mechanically 'de-clicked' for smooth, silent rotation throughout the aperture range; making it ideal for video applications.
- The lens mount is fitted with an electronic interface that conveys all lens EXIF data to the camera and can also be configured to automatically activate the camera's focusing magnification function when turning the focus ring.
- An all-metal lens barrel is fitted with a weather-resistant gasket at the lens mount to protect against moisture and dust from reaching the image sensor or rear lens element
- Carl Zeiss
- Lens type
- Prime lens
- Max Format size
- Lens mount
- Minimum aperture
- Diaphragm Blades
- Not Specified By Manufacturer
- Filter Thread
- 52 mm