The Olympus E-PL5 has evolved with versatile new functions. This model has achieved image quality equal to the OM-D with an advanced image processor and image sensor. This model is equipped with Touch AF Shutter for capturing shots with touch operations, and a tilt and reverse type LCD monitor for self portraits. The E-PL5 lends creative surprises to your everyday life.
With features like the FAST AF system for instant focusing, and Touch Shutter for shooting in Live View, you can capture natural expressions and never have trouble getting just the composition you want. Never miss a photo opportunity.
The OM-D's cutting-edge technology and excellent image quality is available in this model. OM-D image quality is achieved in a compact, lightweight E-PL5 body.
Self portraits are easy and fun with a tilting monitor that can be rotated approximately 170 degrees upward. This model is packed with functions perfect for self portraits, such as the customisable self-timer and e-Portrait, which makes skin look even more beautiful. The screen can also be rotated approximately 65 degrees downward for complete freedom in shooting from low angles and high angles.
Art Filters easily turn photos into art. The E-PL5 is equipped with a total of 12 different Art Filter options, including the new Watercolour. With variations in each filter, and combinations with Art Effects, the creative possibilities are better than ever.
- ART FILTER is a trademark and/or registered trademark of Olympus Imaging Corporation.
While maintaining the lightweight ease of the PEN Lite, the use of metal gives this new design a more classic look. By sticking to a light, tactile design, we have created a beautiful compact camera.
- Easily share SLR quality photos on social networking services with Olympus Image Share
- In-body image stabilisation provides image stabilisation for all lenses
- Full HD movie shooting function
- Up to 8 fps of high-speed sequential shooting
- AF functions that help fine tune the focus
- Live Bulb shooting and Live Time shooting
- Live Guide for easy SLR shooting
- One-push Digital Tele-converter
- Dust Reduction System to protect camera from dirt and dust
- Improved Basic Functions
- Certified as an Olympus Eco-product
Olympus M.Zuiko 40-150mm f/4-5.6 ED Lens
The range of the Olympus 40-150 mm f/4-5.6 ED M.Zuiko Digital corresponds to that of an 80-300 mm lens on full frame. Yet this lens, with a length of just over 7 centimeters, is hardly larger than a standard lens for full frame. It weighs about 220 grams, which is also about the same. The lens often comes in camera kits with two lenses, the second lens of course being the 14-45mm standard zoom of Olympus. Many photographers will therefore already have this handy little telephoto zoom. The Olympus 40-150 mm f/4-5.6 can also be bought separately for those who do not yet have a telephoto zoom.