- TTL flash mode
- - Automatic flash mode with 12 automatic apertures
- - Manual flash mode with 25 partial lighting levels
- - Strobe flash mode
- - HSS "“ high speed synchronisation
- - 1st and 2nd shutter curtain synchronisation
Metz mecablitz 58 AF-2 digital - Further improvements to a top model
The top model in the Metz compact flash unit range has been further improved with numerous optical and functional features. The successor to the mecablitz 58 AF-1 which won the EISA Award for "best flash unit in Europe 2007/2008" has been equipped with a new stable metal base which can be attached to the camera flash shoe quickly and easily with one single movement thanks to the optimised lock system.
Refinements such as the revised motor zoom mode and an improved high
performance flash tube further increase the longevity of the product. Its multi-functionality has been extended with additional features. Thus the mecablitz 58 AF-2 digital offers servo flash release functionality via the integrated camera flash which is also perfectly compatible with cameras without master function. The slave/servo sensor has been integrated into the front of the flash unit to increase the transmission quality of wireless flashes.
The wide-angle diffuser has also been adapted for illumination of wide-angle focal widths from 12 mm (135 format). Like all mecablitz system flash units, the new flash unit is available in different versions, perfectly tailored to digital cameras made by the leading manufacturers.
Special functions for any flash situation
The mecablitz 58 AF-2 digital offers the perfect solution for every flash situation. The innovative secondary reflector provides perfect image illumination for portraits. Numerous manual fine tuning options afford the mecablitz 58 AF-2 digital exceptional creative photographic freedom. Virtually limitless possibilities are opened up for individualised lighting thanks to a fully swivelling reflector system which also contains a flip-out reflector card and a diffuser.
The slave function and the new servo function allow the new top model in the Metz compact flash unit range to be used without constraints in various operating modes, depending on the camera model. With the servo flash release, no camera master function is required to use the flash as an additional creative light source in the room. The camera-specific wireless TTL remote mode of the respective model comes into play with the slave function.
In addition, automatic mode provides the possibility of achieving a perfect picture even in situations where the camera-specific TTL control is impaired.
High performance compact flash with USB connection
Thanks to the Metz mecablitz 58 AF-2 digital USB interface, updates can be easily installed via the Internet. Due to its very high guide number 58 for ISO 100/21° and 105 mm focal length, the 58 AF-2 digital is not just high performance but also lends itself perfectly to being used as an indirect flash. The real highlight "“ a flip-out reflector card which is integrated into the both vertically and horizontally tilting and swivelling reflector.
- High max. guide number 58 for ISO 100/21° and 105 mm
- High flash number (e.g. 230 full flashes with NiMH rechargeable
batteries (2100 mAh))
- Flash delay 0.1 "“ 4.5 seconds (depending on energy source and flash
- Secondary reflector with 2 light levels
- Vertical (-7/+90°) and horizontal (300°) swivel reflector
- Illuminated dot matrix LC display
- Motor zoom for 24 "“ 105 mm illumination
- Integrated wide-angle diffuser for 12 mm illumination
- Flip-out reflector card
- Modelling light (permanent light to check image illumination)
- Integrated autofocus multi-zone flash metering
- Flash readiness indicator and correct exposure display on the LCD and camera
- Flash range display in LCD
- Automatic unit shut-off and manual key lock
- Metal base with quick lock (not Sony)
Ready for the future
- Firmware update via integrated USB socket
Camera-specific flash functions
- E-TTL / E-TTL II flash mode (Canon)
- i-TTL / D-TTL / 3D flash mode (Nikon)
- P-TTL flash mode (Pentax)
- Four thirds TTL flash mode (Olympus / Panasonic / Leica)
- ADI flash mode (Sony)
- Camera-specific servo flash mode (only for Canon, Nikon, Olympus)
- Servo flash mode with pre-flash suppression (Canon)
Basic flash functions
- TTL flash mode
- Automatic flash mode with 12 automatic apertures
- Manual flash mode with 25 partial lighting levels
- Strobe flash mode
- HSS "“ high speed synchronisation
- 1st and 2nd shutter curtain synchronisation
- Manual flash exposure correction in TTL or automatic flash mode
- Automatic fill-in flash
- Flash bracketing
- 4 x AA alkaline-magnesium or lithium batteries, NC or MiMH
- High performance Metz NiMH Power Pack P76 with cable V58-50 available